Thursday, April 27, 2017

Book Review ~ Finding Eli by Jake Irons


Finding Eli by Jake Irons


Erotic Romance Novella


About the Book:

When you have a thrice-a-day Starbucks addiction, a love affair with Louboutins, and an apartment in one of the most expensive cities in the world, the last thing you need is to lose your job. But that’s what happened to me—or what will, unless I can pull off the impossible: find Eli Murphy.

Eli, notorious playboy and New York City high roller, is the founder of the newzine where I work. He's been MIA for three years. But I think I can find him. If I do, and I get his story, I can keep my job.

What could go wrong? 

Ask me when I’m tangled in my lies—and his bed sheets.
Ask me when we’re running for our lives.

More details may be found on Amazon:  http://amzn.to/2q9H4UP

My Review:

Finding Eli is a great first book by newcomer Jake Irons.  When newzine reporter Tara learns her job may be on the chopping block, she wracks her brain trying to find a way to stay employed.  When the idea to located Eli, the founder of the company that employs her, pops up she takes charge of it and follows break crumbs from New York to Colorado.  After locating the elusive Eli, Tara is able to charm her way into his secluded mountain home.  The little white lies roll of her tongue even as her conscience screams to tell him who she really is and why she sought him out.  

Eli is lonely and drops his guard when he sees a freezing woman walking along the road in the snow.  After she falls and injures herself, he takes her to his private sanctuary that no one knows about, to tend to her wounds.  He's wary but finds himself opening up to the woman in his home who tells him her name is Chelsea.  The sexual chemistry between Eli and Tara is off the charts and explosive between the pages of this hot little novella.  

After a discovery outs Tara's real intentions, however, Eli boots her out, except she may have already done some damage that threatens both of their lives.

Finding Eli is a spectacular novella.  The storyline is intriguing and kept me interested throughout.  Even though the entire book centers around Tara lying to Eli, I really enjoyed her character.  She has a moral tug-of-war taking place within her mind, bringing realism to her character.  Tara is written as a conflicted woman instead of slimy member of the paparazzi.  Eli has his reasons for leaving New York and going of the grid.  His character is kind and caring and his dynamics with Tara are off the chart - and not just sexually.  Both characters are well developed and the world building is great.  The story is fast-paced and If you don't mind hot sex in your reading material, I highly suggest Finding Eli for your next read.

Warning:  this book ends on a huge cliffhanger.

I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.

My Rating:



No comments: